Upcoming 2.0.5 release

Roger Whitcomb-3
Hi all,
                I have pushed out the remaining issues assigned to me for the 2.0.5 version, leaving only the code-signing issue for Sandro.  So, we'd like to start the process of getting 2.0.5 out the door.  There are many bug fixes in this release (including the show-stopper Version parsing bug from Java 8u131...), so it will be good to have this release done.
                I have also been making a ton of changes for 2.1 to support the Input Method Editors (for Far-Eastern language support) for TextInput, TextArea, and TextPane, as well as a lot of internal code improvements, including fixing the Nashorn scripting engine (Java 8) compatibility.  So, this will be a good release as well, but probably not ready for another few months.

Thanks,
Roger Whitcomb

Re: Upcoming 2.0.5 release

Roger and Beth Whitcomb
Hi Jérôme,

     So far since Java 9 is not released yet, and the plans for the
module system are still going through the JSR approval process (see:
https://jaxenter.com/jigsaw-vote-java-9-interview-134091.html), I
haven't tried to address anything with Java 9 yet.  I have run our own
large Pivot application with a very early release of Java 9 (without the
module system) and it worked fine.  Do you have specifics of things that
don't work or you think need enhancement?

     As far as browser support goes ..... That would be entirely on
Oracle's side.  There is absolutely nothing we could do without Java
support for something other than the older browser plugin. But see here
that this will be deprecated in Java 9:
https://www.java.com/en/download/faq/jdk9_plugin.xml I have tested and
Java Web Start still works with Pivot, so that is one option we still
have....  Some browsers still work (Safari if you enable it, Firefox if
you jump through hoops, Internet Explorer (but not Edge)).  Do you have
other specific questions?

Thanks,
~Roger

On 6/13/17 12:21 AM, Jérôme Serré wrote:

> Hello Roger,
>
> Thank you for that.
>
> I would like to know if it is planned, on your side, to manage the
> compatibility to java 9 on the one hand and the non-compatibility with
> browsers in general on the other hand ?
> Thank you.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Jérôme Serré

Re: Upcoming 2.0.5 release

Sandro Martini
Hi all,
the vote for Pivot Release 2.0.5 has just started (see in Developers
Mailing List) so we have time (up to Monday 03 July) to test release
artifacts, and if all is ok it will be the new release, published in
the usual way (after some days, for the mirrors to update).

Happy testing to all (but vote only for Pivot PMC Members) and if some
problems should arise please tell to us.

Bye,
Sandro